Here's what's happening behind the scenes...
- I've been rolling-out a new computer program and database at the Writing & Tutoring Center where I work managing data. It's been sapping my energies and making my hands hurt because the software's designers didn't seem to care that someone would eventually have to use this program. I put in a requisition for an ergonomic mouse.
- I'm finally setting up a 'real' website. (Remember those? They're like blogs, but more static) More details on that soon. I promise some free content and much coolness as a reward for showing up.
- Speaking of websites... I've been setting up a Google space to post chapters of my NaNoWriMo novel as I write it. Each chapter will be posted as I finish it. It's a work in progress.
- One of the reasons I'm reviving my Midgrade/YA idea for this is to make it as fun to read and write as I can make it with a minimum of research necessary. One of the mistakes I made last year was focusing on a story that would require significant research, which is never fun if you have to do it on the fly.
Boy genius, mad scientist, aliens and giant robots? I think I can handle making that up out of whole cloth without needing run to the library too often.
- And what's an effort like this without a logo? I made a quick logo that should look a bit familiar since it's generated using the same set of photos I used for the masthead on this blog.
More news later. Things are still in flux aro7und here. I appreciate your patience, mind the dust and please accept my apologies in advance if the construction workers whistle at you...